Wondering how to incorporate whole grains, like quinoa, millet and farro, in your daily diet? They’re actually quite versatile! To help you get started and since it’s National Grain Month, we’ve picked our favorite meals that combine healthy ancient grains with our favorite superfood watercress. Stop by your local supermarket to pick up Pete’s Living Greens Organic Watercress or Upland Cress to get started.
A Few Facts and Resources
According to a Harvard.edu article, whole grains and fresh produce are some of the best sources of fiber. The essential carbohydrate regulates blood sugar and cholesterol levels and helps us feel full longer. While distinguishing itself from other starches and sugars, fiber doesn’t negatively contribute to your caloric intake.
Leafy greens like watercress and upland cress also provide servings of fiber. Together with an organic grain, watercress can complete the ultimate hearty meal.
For a complete list of whole grains, click here.
Our Favorite Grain and Watercress Recipes
1. By now, you’re familiar with the popular (especially on Instagram!) avocado toast. Want to shake up the popular breakfast confection? Try it here with watercress and whole grain toast.
2. Savory Oatmeal with our Living Upland Cress and root vegetables is a twist on breakfast for dinner. It’s even vegetarian!
3. Bring Joy’s roasted sweet potato, quinoa, & watercress salad conjures feelings of fall.
4. Pete’s Living Greens’ Cressto sauce with whole grain pasta will go over well with the entire family, including your little ones.
5. Love and Lemon’s Watercress Feta and Farro Salad balances brightness, crunch and chewiness all in one bowl.