February 7, 2014 | 2 Comments
Oh the joys of smoothies. They are easy to make and super nutritious. This green smoothie recipe was inspired by Carrie on Vegan. Her green smoothie had watercress which we substituted with upland cress. The flavor of upland cress is close to watercress with a mild flavor with a delicate sharpness. The flavor of upland cress in the smoothie adds a refreshing kick and distinction and you can’t beat additional Vitamin A and C! This smoothie also contains flax meal and chia seeds for added fiber.
So what are you waiting for?! Get those ingredients ready and blend it up!
Green Smoothie with Upland Cress
*makes two servings
- 2 cups unsweetened soy milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/2 to 1 bunch of Living Upland Cress, washed
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen blackberries (you can substitute blueberries if you prefer)
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon carob powder
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
Simply blend the ingredients and enjoy!