We love using butter lettuce to wrap tacos. Butter lettuce as a tortilla alternative adds freshness and crispness, all while being sturdy enough to wrap all your delicious taco ingredients. The popular food blog Nom Nom Paleo agrees. They created a super Surf and Turf taco recipe using our Live Gourmet butter lettuce and featured it on their site! We love that they LOVE Live Gourmet living butter lettuce too!
In celebration of our love for everything butter lettuce, we wanted to feature their yummy Surf and Turf taco recipe. Enjoy and happy nom nom!
Nom Nom Paleo Surf and Turf Tacos with Butter Lettuce
(makes 4 – 6 servings) :
- 1 lb grass fed ground beef + Chili 9000 seasoning
- 1 batch Tabil-seasoned sautéed shrimp
- 1 head of Live Gourmet butter leaf lettuce
- ½ medium jicama, sliced into thin matchsticks
- 2 medium carrots, peeled with a julienne peeler
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 batch of guacamole
Visit Nom Nom Paleo for the complete taco recipe and more great eating ideas!