We’re thrilled to announce our cookbook giveaway with 40-Year-Old Vegan. Watch this special message from 40YOV’s Sandra Sellani then enter below for a chance to win her award-winning cookbook chock full of delicious veggie recipes. For a sneak peek try 40YOV’s Orange Ginger “Chicken” Lettuce Wraps.
Orange Ginger "Chicken" Lettuce Wraps
- 1 head Pete’s Living Greens Butter Lettuce (8 leaves will be used for this recipe)
- ½ tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. Eden Foods Hot Pepper Sesame Oil or other sesame oil
- 2 green onions, chopped, sliced diagonally
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- Gardein Teriyaki Chick’n Strips, small diced (discard sauce pouch)
- 1 can water chestnuts, drained, diced small
- Zest of 1 large orange
- 1 tsp. fresh grated ginger
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce or tamari
- ½ tbsp. black sesame seeds
- and patted dry
- black sesame seeds
- shredded carrots
- mung bean sprouts
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- green onion, sliced diagonally
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- chopped cashews
- orange wedges (optional)
- Heat vegetable oil and sesame oil in large pan on medium low heat.
- Add the green onion and garlic and sauté until vegetables get soft, about 2 minutes.
- Add the orange juice and stir an additional minute.
- Add the chicken and water chestnuts. Stir thoroughly for another minute.
- Remove the pan from heat. Mix in orange zest, ginger, soy sauce, and black sesame seeds. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Separate mixture into four portions and serve each portion with 3–4 butter lettuce leaves.
- Let each individual top with their favorite toppings. Serve with orange wedge
Pete's Living Greens Blog http://www.livegourmet.com/wordpress/
Exciting news! Our Live Gourmet and Grower Pete’s products have a fresh new look as Pete’s Living Greens. The rebrand is the result of efforts to unite the company’s organic and conventional lines under one congruent brand.
Don’t worry you can still buy all of your favorite hydroponic living greens with the roots attached. Under the new label, you’ll find Pete’s Living Greens Butter Lettuce (both conventional and organic), Bouquet Lettuce (formerly 3-in-1), Red Butter Lettuce, Organic Watercress and Upland Cress. New items are also on the horizon.
In an interview with the produce industry news site And Now U Know, CEO John Cochran says, “It has been a long and arduous, but very rewarding process. You cannot take walking away from a longstanding successful brand lightly…Branding, specifically in packaging, is your first communication with consumers. The importance of understanding not just today’s consumer but tomorrow’s as well, is imperative to be successful.”
Products now bearing the Pete’s Living Greens moniker are getting a facelift featuring a new sleek design that is 100% recyclable. On each package you will find a message that both honors our past and that is committed to a sustainable future:
At Pete’s Living Greens, we take pride in the products we grow because we are responsible growers and have been employee-owned and operated for almost 50 years. We grow all our products hydroponically — using up to 85% less water and 70% less land than traditional growers. All our packaging is 100% recyclable too! When you eat Pete’s Living Greens, you know you are doing something healthy for you and the environment around you.
Pete’s Living Greens may be a new look, but it still has the same great taste that you and your family have grown to love. For updates and news, follow us at our new Facebook page and you can find us on Twitter and Instagram. Here’s to the next 50 years and beyond!