If you’re looking for something a tad out of the ordinary, then why not dine “down under” with this Australian take on a beet salad. This mixed green salad features roasted beetroots as well as a handful of mint and basil leaves, giving it a delicious kick. A tangy sweet, lemon honey vinaigrette rounds out the salad along with creamy Danish feta cheese. This dish may not be quite what you’re used to, but if you dare to try a bowl of it, your taste buds will thank you!
Here’s what you’ll need to get started with this down under delicacy:
- 142 grams (5 ounces) 3in1 Living Lettuce, plus rocket and baby spinach
- 3 medium-large beetroots
- 200 grams (7 ounces) Danish feta cheese (You can get some from Gaganis.)
- 1 small red onion, peeled and diced
- 30 grams (1 ounce) roasted and salted pepitas (sunflower seeds)
- 30 grams (1 ounce) walnut pieces
- Handful fresh basil leaves
- Handful fresh mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Juice of 1/4 lemon
- Pinch sea salt (you don’t need much because the fetta is salty)
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the in-depth preparation instructions, head over to this recipe page: http://bit.ly/W5tecp.
How do you cook with 3in1 Living Lettuce?
Connect with Live Gourmet on the Web: