January 18, 2017 | Comments Off on Warm up this Winter with Live Gourmet’s Favorite Spicy Recipes
Spice up your winter with foods that have a touch of heat. Adding herbs and spices can triple the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory power to a meal says ClevelandClinicWellness.com.
Hot peppers, for example, contain capsaicin, which can help relieve minor aches and pains. A new study found that when ingested in pill form, it could help fight breast cancer. Together with a vitamin-powered green like our Living Watercress, Romaine or Butter Lettuce, your spiced-up meal will keep you toasty and healthy all winter. Check out a few of our favorites!
- Spicy Avocado Dressing – Drizzle this zingy dressing on a bed of fresh greens and a lean protein such as salmon or chicken.
- Spicy Tofu Taco Lettuce Wraps – This vegetarian recipe is great for #TacoTuesday. It also contains cumin, which is an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant that may help stop tumor growth.
- Spicy Soba Noodles with Wilted Watercress – For a quick weeknight dinner, this dairy and gluten-free dish is perfect with a touch of garlic. #DYK? Garlic helps reduce the hardening of arteries.
- Spicy Shrimp with Pan-Seared Romaine and Chickpea Puree – Impress your dinner guests with this restaurant-quality meal, which has the right amount of zest and zip.
- Lemony Yogurt Smoothie – Combined with cruciferous veggies cauliflower and (our personal fav) watercress, this smoothie is all sorts of nutritious. It even includes turmeric that may help fight infections and some cancers, reduce inflammation, and treat digestive problems.