Today’s upland cress salad is perfect for an afternoon picnic. The main ingredients are grilled pineapple and our very own, Living Upland Cress. The homemade dressing consists of avocados, oranges and even maple syrup. Didn’t finish the dressing? Don’t worry. The dressing can be refrigerated for up to five days. This salad is great by itself for a sweet, summer afternoon.
For the salad (this salad makes 4 servings, cooking time: 23 minutes):
- ½ cup pepitas
- 1 large bunch of Living Upland Cress, trimmed
- ¾ cup chopped pineapple, grilled and cooled
- 1 small carrot, shredded
For the dressing:
- ½ Hass avocado
- Juice of 2 sour oranges, or juice of 1 orange and 1 lime (to make ½ cup)
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove
- Coarse sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Shout out to Small Planet Institute for this recipe. For the full preparation instructions, click here: http://bit.ly/18BhEkO.
Connect with Live Gourmet on the Web:
Have Live Gourmet recipe ideas? Send them to us via Facebook or Twitter. If chosen, we’ll feature your recipe on our blog.