According to a recent consumer study, Daymon Worldwide’s Custom Shopper Insight revealed that 50 percent of 1,000 surveyed adults indicated they were more concerned now about food safety than five years ago. At Hollandia Produce, we’re very aware of rising food safety concerns. That’s why we’d like to share with you how our hydroponic process and unique clamshell packaging ensures food safety!
- For starters, our hydroponic growing method means that our leafy green products are grown above ground and in state-of-the-art custom greenhouses which protect our harvest from possible contaminants. Yup – no dirt!
- Grown in their own ecosystem, our tender greens are continuously monitored by our team of growers and our sophisticated greenhouse technology to ensure they’re safe for consumption.
- In addition to our watchful eye, our growing techniques are rigorously evaluated on an annual basis by , a Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) auditor covering both Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) scopes, as well as Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS). With consistently climbing scores, our facilities continue to receive top ratings.
- Moreover, when it comes to our living butter lettuce, we continue our commitment to food safety by placing each head in its own cozy, recyclable, clamshell. In addition to serving as a mini greenhouse, our clamshell helps maintain Hollandia’s pledge to food safety while on its journey from our farm to your table.
- Lastly, we code date every product we sell. Not only does this ensure you’re getting the freshest product available, we can trace every unit back to the seed lot we purchased it from.
At Hollandia Produce, we strive to have a name synonymous with food safety. From sowing to harvesting, every phase in our produce lifecycle places food safety as number one.