Last spring we hosted the From main course to salad recipes, we received an abundance of groundbreaking recipes made with our
In celebration of , we’re throwing it back to our first place salad category winner Josee Lanzi’s Deconstructed Salmon Sushi Roll Salad.
This salad may look completely different from the basic greens with salted vinegar and oil that once enjoyed. Yet we’re pleased to report that it adheres to Merriam-Webster’s definition of salad: a mixture of small pieces of raw or cooked food (such as pasta, meat, fruit, eggs, or vegetables) combined usually with a dressing and served cold.
Flex your creative culinary muscle with this one-of-a-kind salad recipe made with our Living Butter Lettuce!
- 4 cups butter lettuce chopped
- 4 ounces salmon filet
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 English cucumber
- 2/3 cup brown rice cooked
- 1/2 cup Japanese shrimp and steak sauce
- 4 teaspoons wasabi paste
- Cut the salmon lengthwise in 4 equal pieces.
- Do the same with the brick of cream cheese.
- Peel and cut the cucumber in match pieces.
- To assemble the sushi rolls, press the salmon, cucumber and rice on each side of the cream cheese to hold the rolls together.
- Cut each rolls in 5 pieces.
- Top 1 cup of Live Gourmet or Grower Pete’s Certified Organic brands Living Butter Lettuce with 5 pieces of sushi
- Drizzle with Japanese sauce and serve with wasabi
- Note: Japanese sauce can go by shrimp or steak sauce and is sometimes referred to as Yum Yum sauce, which is a popular brand.