The lettuce wrap is a versatile mealtime option whether you’re on-the-go, watching your carb intake or wishing to increase your vegetable servings. We’re here to share our top five wrap recipes, but before we reveal our favorites, read on to learn more about the secret ingredient: our Living Butter Lettuce varieties.
Butter lettuce proves to be a superior stand-in for a shell, pita or bread. Its crisp texture gives the right amount of crunch while its luscious, billowing leaves allow you to pile ingredients on to your heart’s content. Not to mention, it’s rich in calcium and a good source of iron, vitamins A and C.
What makes our Living Butter Lettuce and Red Butter Lettuce varieties stand out from the pack? First, all of our Living Butter Lettuce products, including our certified organic brand Grower Pete’s, are hydroponically greenhouse-grown. This method allows us to maintain a clean growing environment and minimize external factors that could otherwise affect our crops. Additionally, our products are Non-GMO Project Verified and free of pesticide residue and field debris, and packaged in clear, plastic, protective shells that function as mini greenhouses. We also package our lettuce with their roots still attached. This ensures our butter lettuce products stay fresher, longer than other varieties.
What are you waiting for? Try your hand at a lettuce wrap recipe tonight. You can find Live Gourmet® Living Butter Lettuce at grocers nationwide, and our Living Red Butter Lettuce is now available at Albertsons and Vons.
Live Gourmet’s Top Five Wrap Recipes
- For the vegan lover who doesn’t want miss out at the party – Delish Knowledge’s Buffalo Chickpea Lettuce Wrap
- For your all Taco Tuesday needs – Live Gourmet’s Low-Carb Gluten Free Taco Recipe
- A dish for your next cocktail party – Jill Silverman Hough’s Hazelnut Shrimp Salad in Butter Lettuce Cups
- A lunchtime meal that’s tasty to you and your kids – Carlsbad Craving’s Poppy Seed Chicken Fruit Salad Wrap
- For the culinary adventurer – Half Baked Harvest’s Thai Short Rib Lettuce Wraps