December 20, 2011 | post a comment
Meat, fish and tofu are all delicious in their own right, but they are even better when accompanied by a complementary side of veggies. This recipe is a great side to eat with your protein, and it’s very versatile as well. For the vegetarians out there this can be a delicious part of your regular dinner, and for the carnivores among us, you can add in a little chicken broth and serve this along with lamb or salmon for an ever more delicious experience.
If you’d like to give this one a try, here’s what you’re going to need:
- 1 medium head Living Butter Lettuce, leaves separated, washed, and dried
- 2 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 10 scallions (white and light green parts), halved lengthwise
- 2 cups fresh shelled peas (from about 2 lb. unshelled) or frozen peas
- 1/2 cup lower-salt chicken broth or water
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint (We hear good things about North Shore’s living mint.)
- 1 Tbs. crème fraîche
Leave a comment!