March 28, 2012 | 2 Comments
For all of you lovers of fish out there, we’ve got a recipe here that you won’t want to miss. Seared Ahi Tuna sits atop a bed of butter lettuce and persimmon, all of it covered in a drizzle of tangy vinaigrette. The sweetness of the persimmon provides a perfect counterpoint to the tang of the vinaigrette, while sesame sticks provide a satisfying crunch to the experience. This recipe comes from Karena over at sauced.typepad.com.
To give it a try, you’re going to need the following ingredients:
For the salad:
- 1 lb. of Living Butter Lettuce (or Living Red Butter Lettuce)
- 1 lb. of the freshest Ahi Tuna
- 1 persimmon or Asian pear, diced into bite-sized strips
- Sea Salt and freshly ground pepper
- tsp of sesame seeds, toasted
- a handful of sesame sticks or crackers for crunch (in the bulk section of most grocery stores)
- Diced scallion whites (optional)
For the dressing:
- 6 T olive oil (We hear good things about O&CO brand.)
- 3 T rice wine vinegar
- 1.5 T soy sauce
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp honey or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil, if desired
- 1/2 tsp of dijon, if desired
For the full recipe instructions just head over to the source, here: http://bit.ly/GMlWYf.
Leave a comment!