August 16, 2012 | Comments Off on Rachael Ray’s Bibb Lettuce Salad
As we’ve mentioned before, “Bibb” lettuce is just another name for Butter Lettuce. Living Bibb Lettuce just didn’t really have the same ring too it though. So here we are telling you to put Butter Lettuce into a recipe that calls for Bibb. But now that you know they’re the same thing, it’s okay.
And now that we’ve got that cleared up, allow us to present to you with yet another quick, easy, tasty, and yet still healthy salad featuring our favorite leafy green. Here’s what you need to get started (serves 8):
- 4 heads Living Butter Lettuce (AKA Bibb Lettuce), leaves washed and torn
- 1 bag radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 English cucumber, cut in half lengthwise and sliced into half moons
- 1 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard (Many like Grey Poupon.)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
And for the full instructions, just head over to the recipe page right here: bit.ly/NySRhD.