Looking for a guiltless pizza alternative? We’ve got the recipe for you! Lettuce make pizza lettuce wraps! Skip the extra carbs found in pizza dough and create these pizza lettuce wraps instead. This recipe is low carb and gluten-free. These pizza lettuce wraps can include all your favorite toppings like bacon, mushrooms, pepperoni, cheese – the pizza toppings list goes on! Our fresh living butter lettuce is sturdy enough to hold all of your delicious pizza toppings. Thank you Food Faith Fitness for the great pizza inspiration!
Pizza Lettuce Wraps:
- ½ Tbsp Olive oil
- ½ a yellow onion, diced
- ½ a Green pepper, diced
- ¼ cup White mushrooms, diced
- 4 Strips of turkey bacon, cooked and diced.
- 1 Small chicken breast, shredded (about 1 cup shredded)
- Salt, to taste
- Green cabbage or living butter lettuce.
- Reduced fat cheddar cheese, grated
- Low sugar Pizza sauce
- Turkey pepperoni slices
- Chop ingredients. Dice the onion, green pepper, mushrooms, and turkey bacon.
- In a small pot of boiling water, cook chicken breast.
- Put ½ Tbsp olive oil in a large pan and heat on medium to high heat.
- Add in the peppers and onions and cook until softened.
- Add in mushroom and bacon and continue cooking until the bacon is crispy, around 5 minutes, stiring occasionally.
- Use two forks and shred chicken.
- Add the chicken into the pan and turn to medium. Season with salt and cook just until the chicken is warmed through, about 5 minutes.
- Serve in lettuce or cabbage wraps and top with cheese, pizza sauce and turkey pepperoni slices.