Lettuce get right down to it – we love tacos! We also get a lot of customers who ask us for great low-carb recipes and gluten free options. Here’s a recipe for tacos that’s tasty and fits your diet! Plus, this recipe is fully customizable, so you can make it just the way you like it! Lettuce know what you think!
- 1 head Live Gourmet Butter Lettuce
- 1 bag shredded cabbage
- 2 cups cooked meat (or meat alternative) of your choice (we used chicken)
- 2 diced tomatoes
- 1(1/2) cup grated cheese (we used Monterey Jack)
- 1 Onion
- 1 Red bell pepper
- 1 Poblano Chili Pepper
- Salsa of your choice
- 2 tbs Oil of your choice (we used Olive)
- Cook and shred or dice your 2 cups of meat. Season with salt and pepper. Put into a bowl.
- Thinly slice the onions and peppers, then put them all in a pan and sauté with two tablespoons of oil until soft. Season with salt and pepper. Put into a bowl.
- Put the remaining ingredients in separate bowls. Serve buffet style, using the Butter Lettuce leaves as taco shells.
(Be careful not to over-stuff or in any other way rip the lettuce leaves or you’re going to have a hard time eating your tacos).