Do you ever wonder what celebrities eat? Well if you’re Drew Barrymore, the answer is “Raw Taco Gorilla Wraps” from nutritionist Kimberly Snyder. These raw vegetarian Butter Lettuce wraps are filled with ground up walnuts instead of ground meat. You can read more in this article from People.com and get the full recipe for the Raw Taco Gorilla Wraps below (makes 6 wraps):
- 6 large Living Butter Lettuce leaves, stems removed and 2 in. trimmed from bottom of leaf
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 ½ tsp. chili powder
- 1 ½ tsp. ground coriander
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp. low-sodium tamari
1. Process walnuts in bowl of food processor until coarsely ground. Combine walnuts in medium bowl with cumin and next three ingredients. Stir in tamari; set aside.
2. Place trimmed collard leaf, dark side facing down, on cutting board. Spoon ¼ to ½ cup walnut mixture in middle of leaf; top with 1 tbsp. salsa. Roll leaf, burrito-style, folding one long side of leaf over filling towards center. Fold short ends over filling, then remaining long side of leaf. Place filled leaf, cut sides down, on cutting board; slice diagonally into two pieces. Repeat process with remaining leaves and filling.
3. Serve with additional salsa, if desired.
For more recipes like this, check out Beauty Detox Foods by Kimberly Snyder, C.N.