As we all know Friday is America’s Independence Day! Why not bring a nice picnic dinner to enjoy during the fireworks show? For a healthy, delicious meal that puts a more contemporary feel on a classic summer favorite, follow this quick and easy recipe, to mouthwatering Lemon, Tarragon Chicken Salad Wraps, that will feed a family of four.
What you will need:
3 chicken breasts
1 bay leaf
1 cup of diced celery
½ cup of diced green onions
1 and ½ to 2 teaspoons of fresh tarragon (upon preference)
Kosher salt and fresh Pepper
For the Dressing:
¾ to 1 cup of mayonnaise (upon preference)
2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice
1 minced, small garlic clove
Kosher salt and fresh pepper
- Place the chicken breasts in a large pot
- Cover the chicken with water
- Add in one bay leaf
- Grind in salt and pepper
- Boil mixture for 30-45 minutes, until chicken is tender enough to shred with a fork
After chicken is done cooking:
- Place the cooked chicken breasts into a large bowl and shred the chicken well with a fork.
- Add in diced celery, diced green onions and fresh tarragon, and stir together with chicken.
- In a separate bowl mix together the dressing ingredients
- Pour dressing over chicken and vegetable mixture
- Stir everything together well
Place a couple of tablespoons of the chicken salad into single butter lettuce leaves, and enjoy!
Happy 4th of July from Hollandia Produce, L.P.!