Longing for some Greek food? Food52 user thirschfeld may have just what the doctor ordered. He’s never actually been to Greece, so this salad may or may not be authentic Greek, but while we don’t know if it’s authentic, there is one thing that we can say for sure: it’s delicious. Preserved lemon and pomegranate syrup add extra dimension to an already fantastic mix of chickpeas, garbanzo beans, and our favorite Butter Lettuce.
Give it whirl with the following ingredients:
- 1 head Living Butter Lettuce
- 1 cup mixed olives, picholine, castelvetrano, kalamata
- 1 cup garbanzos, cooked, or rinsed canned
- 2 teaspoons preserved lemon, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons shallot, finely minced
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh savory or thyme, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chile flakes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pomegranate molasses (Try this recipe if you can’t find it at the store)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (Apollo Olive Oil‘s Coratina has just won an award for best olive oil)
- kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- hunks of feta and pita
For the full instructions, just visit the recipe page right here: http://bit.ly/LFYHkv.