It’s cold weather season which means itis about time for a winter salad. This colorful, tangy salad will keep you feeling sunny, even when it’s gray outside. Zesty tangerine juice and an infusion of garlic give this salad a nice edge to keep you from feeling lethargic on those days when you’re stuck inside because of the weather. The recipe’s author, Sarah Schiffman, encourages would-be chefs to use the freshest possible ingredients. Naturally it was a perfect fit for our “So fresh it’s still alive” Butter Lettuce.
Check out what else you’ll need below. The recipe is a snap to make and serves four to six people.
- 1 head Living Butter Lettuce, washed and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small bunch of pea shoots, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 tangerines, peeled and sliced
- 2 watermelon radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced (Available at Specialty Produce)
- Seeds from one pomegranate
- 1/4 cup (25g) olive oil
- Freshly squeezed juice from one tangerine
- 1 teaspoon fresh tangerine zest
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- salt/pepper to taste
For more about this recipe and its preparation instructions, head over to this link: http://bit.ly/Zn0BbY.
Tell us how you’re using Living Butter Lettuce this Winter!
Connect with Live Gourmet on the Web: