Time to get a little nutty. In honor of National Nut Day, here’s a new wholesome and scrumptious gluten-free, Cashew Chicken Butter Lettuce Wrap recipe from shescookin.com. This quick and warm meal is perfect for the autumn weather, and the best part about it is, it’s also ideal for leftovers.
2 Large chicken breasts
2 green onions
4 beet greens or Swiss chard leaves and stems
½ cup of low-sodium chicken broth
½ cup of peanut butter
1 teaspoon of sesame oil
2 tablespoons of sunflower oil or peanut oil
¼ cup of cashews
2 tablespoons of coconut aminos
1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
- Chop vegetables and chicken breasts into half inch pieces.
- Heat sesame and sunflower oils over medium heat. Add chopped veggies and cook for 2 -3 minutes, until wilted. Remove greens from the skillet and set aside.
- Stir fry chicken pieces in hot oils for about 8 minutes or until they’re no longer pink. Remove and add the chicken pieces to the cooked greens.
- Add peanut butter and coconut aminos to the hot oils and stir together until thickened. Next, add in chicken broth and continue stirring until well mixed. Fold in the cashews, sesame seeds, and chicken and greens mixture. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Remove the butter lettuce leaves from the head. Rinse and pat dry.
- Go “nutty’ and create your own wrap!