May 22, 2012 | Comments Off on Butter Lettuce with Mustard Vinaigrette
Today’s recipe was created by the chefs of Williams-Sonoma and comes from their cook book Cooking from the Farmer’s Market. This salad is just about as simple at it could possibly be, which means it’s very easy and quick to make. There’s just one green and that’s our favorite Butter Lettuce. The Butter Lettuce is then drizzled with a delicious Dijon mustard vinaigrette filled with parsley, tarragon, and chives. Not only is this a fantastic salad, but you can use this dressing on many different dishes. So you’re sure to get a lot of mileage out of this one.
The short list of ingredients is below:
- 2 heads Living Butter Lettuce
- 3 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon (You can get some living tarragon from our friends over at North Shore)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian (flat-lead) parsley
The recipe is fairly self explanatory, but if you want to take a look at the instructions, just head over to the recipe page right here: http://bit.ly/JjZOls.