May 30, 2012 | post a comment
Food.com user Realtor by day, Chef by night, makes great use of Butter Lettuce in this citrusy salad. The light oniony flavor of shallots blends seamlessly with the sweetness and tang of orange juice. The dressing is rounded out with mustard and mayo to give it some thickness and it’s all drizzled atop our favorite vegetable: Butter Lettuce. Throw in a couple grape tomatoes, some carrot bits and you’ve got yourself a first class salad. Preparation time clocks in at under 10 minutes, so this can make a great snack as well as something to serve with dinner.
Below is the complete list of ingredients so you can get to making:
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup orange juice (Lots of people like Florida’s Natural)
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped shallots
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 large head Living Butter Lettuce (AKA Boston Lettuce), torn into bite-size pieces (5 cups)
- 1 cup grated carrot (1 carrot)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, rinsed and cut in half
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh tarragon (optional) or 2 tablespoons chives (optional)
For the full recipe instructions, plus complete nutrition information, visit the recipe page here: http://bit.ly/KakjpD.