Summer is the perfect time for light salads and this minty little number is just what the doctor ordered. Slices of cucumber and buttery lettuce leaves create a savory counterpoint to the zesty splash of lemon juice and refreshing coolness of the mint leaves. Not only is this salad the perfect blend of flavors for a hot summer evening, but it takes just a few minutes to whip up.
All you need are these seven ingredients (plus salt and pepper):
- 2/3 head Living Butter Lettuce, leaves torn (6 cups)*
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/3 cups packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2/3 cup packed mint leaves (You can get Living Mint from our friends over at North Shore Living Herbs)
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
Get the full instructions over at the epicurious recipe page: epi.us/LxQcsS.
*Remember, Butter Lettuce is also called “Bibb” and “Boston” lettuce.