June 27, 2012 | Comments Off on Butter Lettuce, Parsley, and Mint Salad
Summer is the perfect time for light salads and this minty little number is just what the doctor ordered. Slices of cucumber and buttery lettuce leaves create a savory counterpoint to the zesty splash of lemon juice and refreshing coolness of the mint leaves. Not only is this salad the perfect blend of flavors for a hot summer evening, but it takes just a few minutes to whip up.
All you need are these seven ingredients (plus salt and pepper):
- 2/3 head Living Butter Lettuce, leaves torn (6 cups)*
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/3 cups packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2/3 cup packed mint leaves (You can get Living Mint from our friends over at North Shore Living Herbs)
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
Get the full instructions over at the epicurious recipe page: epi.us/LxQcsS.
*Remember, Butter Lettuce is also called “Bibb” and “Boston” lettuce.