|Pic by Sarah Shatz via Food52.com|
It’s certainly not Autumn anymore, but it still seems like a great time to try Food52’s runner up for “Best Autumn Salad”. This delicious salad has a tangy buttermilk dressing that contrasts nicely with the bits of sweet pear that intersperse the dish.
- 2 heads of Living Butter Lettuce (aka Boston Lettuce), washed and torn into medium-large sized pieces
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts
- 3 red pears
- coarse pink or red sea salt (such as Alaea Hawaiian)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (We hear that people like Duke’s.)
- 1.5 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- 1.5 teaspoons finely chopped fresh tarragon
- freshly ground black pepper (4-5 turns on the mill – finest setting)
- salt (3-4 turns on the mill – finest setting)
Leave a comment!