Today’s recipe is a Food.com adaptation of one of Martha Stewart’s recipes. If you’re a vegetarian, unless you’re planning on cooking for carnivores, stop reading now. This recipe contains meat and lots of it. One quarter pound per serving, to be precise. Big chunks of beef are the foundation of this hearty meal, while lemongrass/fish sauce marinate and a slice of lime add a little tang to the mix. Last, but certainly not least, a single Living Butter Lettuce leaf provides a bed for all the ingredients and guarantees you get some real green with your meal. This recipe is fairly simple and absolutely delicious, perfect both for weeknight dinners and special occasions.
Here’s what you’ll need to make 4 servings:
- 1 leaf Live Gourmet Living Butter Lettuce, per serving
- 3 stalks lemongrass, stalks bottom 4 inches only, minced
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons packed light-brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon packed light-brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless sirloin, trimmed of excess fat
- 1/4 cup roasted salted peanuts, crushed (about 1 ounce)
- 1/2 English cucumber, thinly sliced on the diagonal (optional)
- 1 fresh mint sprig, per serving (Try Living Mint from North Shore Living Herbs)
- 1 sprig of basil, per serving
- 1 lime wedge, per server, for squeezing
For the complete instructions, just head over to this recipe page: http://bit.ly/UByWXo.
What recipes do you use Living Lettuce in at home?
Tell Live Gourmet about it and you could be the topic of our next blog!
Connect with Live Gourmet on the Web: