|Pic by Molly Watson
What do you think of when you think of lettuce? Probably salad, and for good reason. Lettuce and salad go together like… asparagus and mozzarella cheese. Not, what you were thinking? Trust us, you’ll be changing your tune after you try this delicious lettuce based salad. It may not be a revolution in salad technology, but with dry mustard, pistachios, and tangy lemon juice, it’s certainly does not disappoint the taste buds.
If you’re willing to give this one a try, you’re going to need these ingredients:
- 1 head Living Butter Lettuce (or Living Red Butter Lettuce)
- 8 oz. asparagus
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil (We’re told good things about California Olive Ranch brand)
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. finely shredded lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 6 oz. perlini mozzarella balls
- Chervil (optional)
Leave a comment!