Like our last post, today’s recipe also utilizes our Living 3 in 1 Lettuce. This time, we’ve got something aimed especially at citrus lovers. The dish features slices of blood orange and a tasty balsamic vinaigrette. With a relatively short ingredients list, this salad is both elegant and easy to make. That makes it perfect as an emergency dinner-party dish or a quick and easy, yet classy, afternoon snack. The recipe is completely vegetarian and serves six.
So don’t wait; get to cooking! Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 pound Live Gourmet Living 3 in 1 Lettuce
- 2 blood or navel oranges
- 1/2 head radicchio, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/2 cup ricotta salata cheese, crumbled
- 6 to 8 cloves garlic
- 1 shallot, peeled and halved
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
Do you have your own 3 in 1 lettuce recipe? Let us in on it!
Connect with Live Gourmet on the Web: