Today’s recipe gives you a double dose of living greens with this fresh mixed green and upland cress salad. We’ll be modifying the original recipe just a bit to give you the most possible still-living freshness! Where the recipe calls for Lolo Rossa, we’ll be using Live Gourmet’s Living 3 in 1 Lettuce (which is 1/3 Lolo Rossa) and where the recipe calls for Arugula, we’re going to use our Living Upland Cress. Upland Cress is more flavorful, but has less bite than Arugula.
The other star of this dish, Halloumi cheese, is unique in that it has a very high melting point. This means that Halloumi can be grilled just like a cut of meat! Plus we’ll be marinating it in olive oil, cumin, and other spices. Trust us, this isn’t your grandfather’s grilled cheese.
Ready to take your taste buds on an adventure? Here’s what you’ll need:
For the Salad:
- 2-4 leaves of Living Upland Cress
- 4-6 leaves of Living 3 in 1 Lettuce
- 1 medium beetroot, whole
- 2 leaves of iceberg lettuce
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Cheese Marinade:
- 200 gm Halloumi cheese (available from For the Gourmet)
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1 pinch zatar spice (Moroccan spice)
- 1 pinch sumac spice (Moroccan spice)
- 1 pinch roasted cumin powder
For the Dressing:
- 3-4 pieces of sundried tomatoes
- 1 heaped tsp of Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1-2 Tbsp vegetable stock
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cream
- 1 Tbsp of olive oil
For the complete cooking and preparation instructions, click here: bit.ly/10W6tZz.
Do you have a favorite upland cress or 3 in 1 lettuce recipe? Send it to us!
Connect with Live Gourmet on the Web: